Saturday, November 6, 2010

Prolific Blogging

I know that the amount that I am posting at the moment is pretty excessive. However, the number of posts that I write is directly correlated with the amount that I run, and since I have upped my mileage this week, I have upped my posting aswell.

Following on from my post a few days ago about how my body works in strange ways, after having felt pretty horrible on the trail yesterday, and reaching 101km in the process, I went out to a barbecue last night. I had a great time, chatting to the Chileans, and keeping an eye on Keiran (she had advised me to do so). In the end, we arrived home at about 11:30pm and I was in bed at 12am. "There goes my study tomorrow," I thought. Surprisingly; I woke up at 5:30, and within ten minutes, I felt like I had slept for fifteen hours, not five and a half. So I did what I always do when I feel good - I went running. I put in 9.5km and one and a half climbs of Mount Cootha. It was a great run, the only downer being my painful foot. My calves felt pretty good the whole time, although my quads were like mush.

At 110km, this has been my highest mileage week ever, not including race week for Sri Chinmoy. Maybe it is possible for me to get up to 100 miles per week. As always, though, a slow build up is what will get me there.

Eight weeks of fun: 48.5, 55.4, 37, 67.9, 105.2, 52, 63.5, 110. Total = 539.5

No comments:

Post a Comment