Friday, May 27, 2011

The Inbetweens

The past twelve days since Cook's Tour have been, unsurprisingly, uneventful.
I have still been gyming and stretching as frequently as possible, have played touch a couple of times and have been on one hike and one run. I've been focusing on strengthening, stretching and activating my glutes and hips in an attempt to solve my perennial hamstring problems, and have been doing much core work to try to rehab the strained ab. So far, it SEEMS to be working.

It's been sort of nice to have a break, but I'm keen to get back into the swing of things; i.e. multi-hour daily trail runs, hairy day-long mountain climbs/cycling trips on the weekends and a few road races here and there. A few obstacles though - my quads are still pretty much decimated, my knees are a bit twingey and I got sick again.

Ah well, guess I should take the hint and wait some more.

Still, I can't wait to get into training for Glasshouse 100 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment