Saturday, June 11, 2011

Indulgence: 1000 miles under the Queensland sky

(ripped from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ6PkBA8z9U)

From the beginning of this week, there were 14 weeks before the Glasshouse 100mile.
After racking up a decent week of running/hiking (132.5km, 2,900m vert), I've decided that I'd like to cover 1000 miles of training before then. In order to get a decent taper, that means that I will be clocking up an average of 130kms per week until two weeks out from the event.
Needless to say, relative to my usual inconsistent mileage, completing this injury-free will be quite a feat, but I know that all I really have to do is run for two hours on hilly trails for four days per week, 2.5 hours on flat roads once per week, and then do a couple hours of hiking here and there. I'll just have to take it day by day, and make sure that on the rest days, I do rest.

Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment