Monday, August 1, 2011

40 Days

...Is the commonality between a song by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (indie rubbish), the Flood, the length of Jesus' fast in the desert, the cycle of many ancient calendars and the length of time until I attempt to run 100 miles in under one day.

And on this 40th (or first, depending on how you look at it) day, I started to feel springy again. There are still plenty of niggles to contend with, but my muscles and tendons seem to have regained their elasticity, to a certain extent.
I ran 12.79km in 1:20 with about 400m of vertical gain, busting out some 4:10s when returning to where the bike was parked. I was engulfed in pure flow at times, as the trail narrowed and flattened and the legs quivered and flexed.
Add to that to a 9km cycle each way to and from the trails, and you have a pleasantly exhausting (but not entirely destructive) session that I feel could be repeated (maybe at a lower intensity) everyday. Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment