"I looked at his face and his colour turned white
he turned slowly and said 'I can't make it till night'
my body is broken and I'm bleeding inside
and the light slowly drained from his eyes" - Kev Carmody, 'Droving Woman'
Yeah, that best describes my physical and emotional state after that week of training.
29:27 of training.
- 166.68 km of running (no walking) in 17:07 with 3,050m of vertical gain
- 152km of cycling for transport
- a full day of climbing
- two 30 minute gym sessions
- a one hour steep hill hike.
Here's the breakdown:
- Run 14.05km in 1:00 (flat)
- Cycle 13km in 0:40
- Gym 0:30
- Run 13.5km in 1:31, 400m gain
- Run 11km 1:01 (flat)
- Cycle 30km in 1:40
- Run 10.56km in 1:07, 300m gain
- Run 11.77km in 1:08 (flat)
- Cycle 26km in 1:30
- Gym 0:30
- Run (really easy pace) 22.33km in 2:46, 950m gain
- Cycle 26km in 1:20
- Run 10km in 42:00 (flat: 1km warm-up, 8km in 31:39, 1km warm-down)
- Run 14.1km 1:21 (rolling hills)
- Cycle 13km 0:40
- Run 15.76km in 1:19 (flat)
- Climb 2hrs (net), but from 8:40am till 5:20pm
- Run 12.24km in 1:32, 550m gain
- Cycle 20km in 1:00
- Run 22.8km 2:48, 850m gain
- Run 8.57km in 52:00
- cycle 24km in 1:30
- Hike 3km in 1:00, 300m gain.
It's definitely time to take it easy for a little!