Friday, December 2, 2011

Beyond my means

Thursday: 2:00 on Cootha - both achilles & right quad feeling the mileage.
Friday: 1:15 on Cootha - Feet are smashed.

That brings us to 11 hours in the last six days, a very healthy total for me. I started to feel that familiar uphill comfort today, which was very encouraging ahead of Sunday. However, the achilles, feet and quad will need to be babied a bit over the next 36 hours.

To money matters, I've $51.20 to last until Tuesday...It doesn't seem like that much of an ask, but when you consider fuel monies for hiking tomorrow morning, fuel monies for the warning trip, food for a barbecue, and a date on Monday, it seems like a bit of a stretch. Will have to batten down the hatches and live on oats, salt, and leftover energy gels until then.
I don't know why I decided to write about that in a blog mainly concerned with running, I guess it's just on my mind and I have little understanding of social boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment